Monday, April 28, 2014

Thing 6 Curation Tools

Thing 6!
I decided since I had already ventured into the land of Pinterest, I should try out something else for this topic.

I am also a huge delicious fan, although I do forget about it!  I used to use delicious to save things across my home and work computers, before I really got into Google Docs/Drive.  Delicious was perfect for topics like coaching, when I was taking coaching classes and coaching basketball.  Very handy.

I explored scoop.it for awhile, and created my own account using twitter.  It's okay, but honestly I think Pinterest is more useful and easier to use.  When thinking about students, I'm always about what's easier to use!  Students can get turned off to technology so easily.  Too many clicks and it's all over.

I also put Flipboard on the IPAD, since I'm always looking for new apps to play with and recommend to others.  I definitely will be using that.

Finally, I had started playing with storify, and then it was mentioned in one of the workshops at the NYLA SSL conference this weekend, so that was it! I had to focus on it. I really like storify.  I will absolutely be using this with classes. I especially like the idea of teaching students that social media can actually have an academic use or two! Who knew?  :)
Here is a link to a silly one I created about my favorite baseball team.
https://storify.com/SusanMQC/is-pine-tar-really-our-biggest-problem-in-baseball

No comments: