Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Thing 10 - Productivity Tools

There were so many choices to play with for Thing 10!

I finally settled on a tool I had not heard of before, called EdShelf.  This tool reminds me somewhat of Symbaloo with the design of it.  I really like seeing all the tools in one place.  I also like how you can rate them, and the summaries and educational videos are very helpful.  I created one to represent many of the tools I have discovered this year, with a few other favorites of mine.
https://edshelf.com/profile/scutri/new-from-cool-tools-for-school

I love how you can embed a collection on your website.  I can definitely see using this with my teachers; it looks like a good place to collect subject area apps.

Finally, I compared a few tools.  I use and love google drive, but maybe there's room in my life for a couple other collaborative type tools?  It turned out I had a dropbox I had created at a conference a couple summers ago, so I revisited that.  I also used Evernote again, which reminded me that I really like how I can write short notes that connect to all my devices so easily.  I really must introduce this to my high school students who are always working in groups.  There are so many tools now to collaborate with, there's really no excuse to not be using them so everyone has access, all the time!

1 comment:

pollyalida said...

Let us know how it goes if you introduce your students to Evernote!